Special Technology Zones Authority (STZA) has been set up by the Federal Government with a mandate to provide world-class digital and physical infrastructure through setting up Special Technology Zones (STZs) across the country and putting Pakistan on global technology radar.
Who are we looking for?
At STZA, we believe in our people, invest in them, and give them the autonomy to grow and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile state authority. We are always on the lookout for visionaries, out-of-the-box thinkers, disruptors, dreamers, and doers.
We need positive people who will bring their talent and energy to challenge the status quo, push the boundaries for what's possible, conceive the extraordinary, and inspire others to join the journey to a tech-driven Pakistan.
If you are passionate about the cause of national development and fulfil our requirements, please apply with your Cover Letter and Résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Job Title" and "Job Code" in the "Subject" of the Email.
Apply within 7 days from publication of this advertisement.
For full job descriptions, please visit www.stza.gov.pk/careers/. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the STZA Office.
A highly competitive salary and benefits package will be provided
Job: Member Business Development and Global
Partnerships — Chief Commercial Officer
Job Code: Maximum Age: Level/Grade: Job Reports to:
ISB-A/ I 121/CCO/ED-6 55 Years
Member/Executive Director Chairman STZA
You will be responsible to lead and manage STZA Business Development initiatives (Global & Domestic) with successful delivery of business pipeline across various STZs in Pakistan.
- You will take lead in promoting Pakistan as a promising destination for global and domestic tech firms to set up their business enterprises for their tech research and/or tech services and/or tech manufacturing facilities while being provided amazing business friendly incentives to leverage excellent business possibilities with state-of-the-art facilities across various STZs in Pakistan.
- You will review and act as per the regional and global tech market dynamics for the development and enhancement of a robust and prudent tech business strategy to enable local tech ecosystem while leveraging tech skill sets of Pakistani youth by facilitating an environment of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country.
- You will be responsible to achieve mutually agreed yearly growth targets in terms of setting up tech business enterprises across various STZs with prospecting, delivering and value-based results on business pipeline as per the mandate of STZA. This includes but is not limited to execution of end-to-end goals through outreach, pitching, getting alignment, negotiation and closing deals.
- You will provide strong advocacy to existing and prospective tech industry stakeholders within and outside Pakistan as to why Pakistan is an ideal business destination for them — this will be enabled through a business environment in STZs powered by strong global linkages and partnerships between global & domestic enterprises, academic institutions and other industry stakeholders.
- You will provide leadership to Marketing, Business & Service Delivery, Technology and Innovation teams at STZA on strong performance and results oriented principles to deliver value for enablement of Tech Ecosystem in Pakistan.
- You will be a leader who has to enable strategic vision of STZA with result delivery and implementation. You will play a pivotal role in mentoring and coaching that ensures operational and cultural excellence within the Authority that abides by the world class delivery benchmarks.
- You must have a proven track record of leading divisions/parts of a global business where the job responsibilities included managing major business streams and taking significant decisions in related areas mentioned in the key responsibilities.
- You will have minimum 20 years of professional experience with at least 6 years in C-Level or equivalent position in large national or international companies/organizations in relevant position where in you would have had a proven track record of taking significant decisions in related areas mentioned in the key responsibilities.
- Minimum academic qualification for this role is a graduate/bachelor's degree (16 years) in relevant fields from a national or foreign university recognized by HEC.
- You must have strong linkages in Global and Domestic Business Arena along with expertise in International & Domestic Business Development, this will be required to bridge the gap between global demand and domestic supply.
- Must have deep understanding of the enterprise grade software /hardware / services firms, incubation/acceleration centers, VC/PE firms, industry players and research/academic institutions; working knowledge of latest technological areas, innovations and technologies such as (but not limited to) Data & Analytics, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Robotic Process Automation, Cybersecurity will be preferred.